Growl and Dock Badges for Google Voice on Fluid
As some of you know I have been enjoying free calls and sms since Google re-opened its VoIP solution Grand Central under the new name Google Voice.
Since there is no native iPhone application yet and the one I have seen only offers half the functionality I opted for managing it on my Mac since Im at work most of the time anyways.
I created a new Fluid App by pointing it to:
For the icon I used this flickr link:
Then you just follow these steps to add notifications:
1. Download the script here.
2. Open up the application you created.
3. Select open scripts directory from the scripts menu.
4. Drop my script into that folder.
5. Select Refresh Scripts from the scripts menu.
6. Click on Notifications in thr scripts menu so theres a checkmark next to it.
7. Quit and Re-launch the Google Voice app
You can get the script here: userscripts.org
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions please post a comment!
I’m releasing this under the Creative Commons Free, Attribution, Share-Alike license.
Google changed its code and the script stopped working. This has been fixed. I have not had time to really work on this as I’d like but I figured I owed you guys this quick fix. The new version is on userscripts now.