Growl and Dock Badges for Google Voice on Fluid
As some of you know I have been enjoying free calls and sms since Google re-opened its VoIP solution Grand Central under the new name Google Voice.
Since there is no native iPhone application yet and the one I have seen only offers half the functionality I opted for managing it on my Mac since Im at work most of the time anyways.
For the icon I used this flickr link:
Then you just follow these steps to add notifications:
- Download the script here.
- Open up the application you created.
- Select open scripts directory from the scripts menu.
- Drop my script into that folder.
- Select Refresh Scripts from the scripts menu.
- Click on Notifications in thr scripts menu so theres a checkmark next to it.
- Quit and Re-launch the Google Voice app
You can get the script here: userscripts.org
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions please post a comment!
Google changed its code and the script stopped working. This has been fixed. I have not had time to really work on this as I'd like but I figured I owed you guys this quick fix. The new version is on userscripts now.
Not that anybody is using this anymore, but I am trying to consolidate and I have therefore shared this as a gist on github.